STARRING: Hugh Jackman, Liev Schreiber, Danny Huston, Lynn Collins, Taylor Kitsch, Will.I.Am, Ryan Reynolds, Daniel Henney
THE GIST: As prequel to the X-Men trilogy, the film introduces us to the origins of Wolverine. Duh?
DAILY VARIETY SAYS: Noisy and impersonal, the film bears all the marks of a work for hire, conceived and executed with a big budget but little imagination.
I SAY: Not invincible to superhero movie clichés and some technical glitches, but is an ultra-cool film nonetheless.
Film critic mode off. Fan boy mode on. Here are 7 reasons why you should watch “X-Men Origins: Wolverine”:
7. You’ve already seen Jean Grey. Now, meet Logan’s first love who also happens to be a mutant.
6. Ever wondered how Professor Charles Xavier looks like when he was younger? Here’s your chance.
5. Trace the origin of the Adamantium claws from brittle and bony to skull piercing.
4. Ups the ante for sibling rivalry. Here’s a toast to Wolverine’s archrival, Sabertooth.
3. Meet other mutants: Blob, John Wraith, Agent Zero, Deadpool, Bolt, Kayla Silverfox, and a host of others, including a girl whose skin turns into diamonds.
2. Introducing Weapon XI – the genetically altered anti-hero who possesses Logan’s regenerative powers, Cyclop’s optic blasts, Deadpool's martial arts ability, and John Wraith's teleportation skill. He is dubbed as the ultimate mutant killer.
1. And the top reason why you should watch “X-Men Origins: Wolverine”. To see the COOLEST X-Men to finally grace the silverscreen – Gambit! (Sorry Wolvie. I know it’s your movie, but Gambit is waaaay cooler.)